Get Certified Today!
The One-Day EFDA is a certification class designed for those who seek to propel their careers forward and be involved directly in patient care. This one day class is for Dental Assistants that have met the following requirements:
- You must have a minimum of three months of formal training by a licensed dentist in the state of Florida
- A letter from the Dentist who trained you, recommending you for Expanded Functions. The letter must contain their name and license number and state that you trained under them for the specified time – at least 3 months.
- Be currently employed in a Dental Office.
Gaining your Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Certification allows you to become hands on in patient care. With your EFDA and Radiology certification you are legally able to perform such tasks as:
- Take X-rays
- Take impressions
- Place retraction cord & Sealants
- Use topical anesthetics
- And much more!
For a full list of all the duties that can be delegated with an EFDA Certification visit DANB.
Unlike other programs, your radiography certification is included in your tuition and AIDA will help you file the appropriate paperwork with the Department of Health.
How it Works
Completion of the 1 day class will require:
- Attendance with a letter from the dentist who trained you, stating that you trained under them for the required 3 months and they recommend you for your Expanded Functions.
- Passing of a written exam with at least 75%
- Meeting of clinical core competencies:
- Taking an upper and lower alginate impression
- Taking an FMX
- Chair-side assisting
- Temporary crown fabrication
Make a difference for yourself, and your work life balance with your Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Certification.
Meet the Faculty
WHAT AN EFDA CERTIFICATION CAN MEAN FOR YOU
AIDA classes and hands on sessions are conducted in real working operatories, that means you’ll train in fully equipped ops with dental delivery units and televisions or monitors to facilitate education and technique review.
Dental Laboratory is where you will learn to pour and trim dental models and fabricate custom dental appliances.
Classrooms are equipped with a large televisions for didactic presentations along with dry erase boards and ample workspace for students to take notes during lectures.
The One Day EFDA Class is held in a fully operational private dental office. Where your instructors practice real world Dentistry every day. Gain your certification and get real world pro tips!
Founder year 2019 Special Tuition Rate!
One Day EFDA
This includes your Radiology certification, registration, supplies and all classroom materials.
AIDA will help you file all appropriate paperwork with the State for your Certification.